Memory Lane......

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Starting of a journey........

Finally register and blogging my 1st post after so long. I have been contemplating since "blog" has been around for quite a while, isn't it too late to start only now, but as i was sitting down staring at my laptop waiting for time's up to go to work, i was pondering why not start now rather than keep putting it away. It will be a source of channel to put down my personal life and daily experience known to my friends who i seldom meet up now due to work commitments and those overseas.
Creating this blog will also allows me to vent my frustrations in words with those nasty experiences faced during my work with pilots but i must admit some of them are nice.
In case u are wondering, am i a steward or ground crew, nope, i am an Air Traffic Controller working at the iconic Singapore Changi Airport.







Air Traffic Controller, the so called most stressful job in the world. Changi, the busiest aviation hub around the region, handling up to 600-700 flights a day. Though stressful but i like it, the fact that the job is never the same everyday, dynamic and based on real time situations makes it all the more exciting.
***no work is brought home, two days off for two days work, 1/2 hr break for 1 hr work....where to find =) ***
All that aside the job however requires high level of concentration, multitasking (see, hear, write, analyse ,speak ) all at the same time. No one will wait for you, u got to be one step ahead of your traffic, and knowing that thousands of life lies in your hands adds to the burden. Pilots sitting inside their cockpit without knowing what is happening around them doesn't help as all think that they are the only one flying. Urghh.......


Enough of all the complaining, more to come i suppose, shall stop at this point and preparing to tidy up my messy room. Till the next time we meet again, my blog......